Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Another quiet day

Didn't update my blog yesterday because I fell sick. Had a sore throat in the morning then developed a fever in the hospital. Well, I should have seen that coming. Not enough water + alcohol (it was just a little bit!) + air con = one way ticket to sore throat land... After I got home from the hospital yesterday, it was straight to the bed for me.. Slept from 5.30 pm to 6.30am. That's like a total of 13 hours of sleep. Well anyway, it still wasn't enough for me >.<

Yea I felt very uncomfortable in the hospital today. Felt kinda dizzy and my stomach keeps hurting 0_0

So today I didn't do much except sit around and try to stay in the fringes and act like I'm observing patients. Nothing much in the hospital as well today, the only interesting one is probably the guy who got assaulted. He got stabbed and his sternocleidomastoid got cut. So I watched as the therapist made a cervical collar (learned this term from Lia today, before that I just called it a neck brace) out of splinting material. I almost asked the therapist why he didn't make one for the back of the neck (he made the front first), but then I realized he was cutting another piece of splinting material so I assumed he was making the support for the back of his neck, and true enough he was really making the support for the back of that guy's neck. Mr Sin (a therapist there who is the HoD's husband if I'm not wrong) also talked to me today for the first time. He spoke to me in Malay at first before adding some Dusun words and commenting "Eh cepat kau balajar Dusun" when I understood his sentence.

After a long day at "work" (hey, the government pays me too you know?), it's time to grab a bite to eat :D

Wanted something special today. Had plenty of choices along the way and decided I'd have Bella Italia tomorrow or the day after tomorrow because they have 50% off pizzas and pasta from 5 to 7. I finally decided to have Bak Kut Teh and went to a Bak Kut Teh shop called Kim Kee Bak Kut Teh.

So I went in and sat down on a table and not long after that, a waitress came to my table and asked me "Bak Kut Teh?" and I answered "Eya"... And both of us stared at each other not saying anything before I decided to risk the humiliation of speaking mandarin to someone who doesn't understand mandarin (She was probably afraid I couldn't understand mandarin either) by telling her "肉骨茶一个人吃的" (Bak Kut Teh for one). Turns out she could speak mandarin. And this was my dinner:


The bak kut teh looked nice, but someone, it didn't pass the quality test. The soup was tasteless (I ordered normal flavour) and the meat was overcooked. The only thing that was good there (the rest was just average) was it's liver, which was cooked just nice and was tender. I decided to vote it as the worst Bak Kut Teh I've ever eaten since the one near Giant Tampoi.

1 pot of bak kut teh and 2 bowls of rice and a cup of herbal tea sums up to RM12. Very expensive. After walking around and surveying prices of shops, I wonder why, despite being a place where vogok (pig) and bakas (wild boar) dishes are welcomed with open arms, pork here is god damn expensive. Or at least chinese food is expensive. The hainan chicken rice stall here sells RM6 per plate of roasted pork rice (chicken rice is somewhere like that too) and the bak kut teh I had was RM12. You can get better ones for half the price in Penang.

Well that's all for today. Getting pretty late and I'd better go to sleep since I'm still recovering. Wanna wake up early and have McD breakfast tomorrow. Nighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment