Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Exploring Bandar Tawau

Went out on my own today. The movie plan didn't work out though. Andi's girlfriend didn't reply so we ditched the plan. Plus, she was busy that day.

Took a taxi from the roundabout near Andi's house to the customs office in town. Cost me only RM5. Then I walked around the whole town looking at stuff, especially for a bag.

Tawau town is another cowboy town. 2 KFCs (See? They're all over Sabah! Like, every few hundred metres!), 1 Parkwell (equivalent to Billion Supermarket), 2 marketplaces, a kapchai cinema and a few small shopping complexes (not much like shopping complexes either). But, unlike Keningau and Sandakan, Tawau town is BIG. HUGE. ENORMOUS. Something like from Wawasan Terminal to Suria Sabah. Ok, so now it doesn't seem so big anymore.

I found a travel agent so I managed to settle my trip to Semporna. Staying at Pulau Kapalai. Cost me RM1290.00...

Then I went to SK Kukusan to meet up with the "mysterious person". So who is this "mysterious person"? Well, we'll get to that soon. There was a civil defense camp at the school.

The banner of the camp.

They built some sort of arch lol.

Part of the campsite. Male tents in the background.

Another part of the campsite. The tents for girls are on the left.

This was the only activity left when I got there.

This is the team from her school.

People watching the abseiling event.

The boy's tents.

Wasn't much to see when I went there, because it was kinda late already. So I took a taxi to Parkwell to buy a new luggage bag since my bad was badly torn (Refer to the post when I was leaving for Keningau). Cost me RM189.00 (original price RM379.00, it was on 50% discount. Crocodile :D)

No photos of the bag though. Don't worry, it's bound to end up in a photo someday.

Well, got to wait at Heritage Hotel tomorrow morning at 7.20 am for my "transfer" to Pulau Kapalai. It's sunshine and sandy beaches for the next 2 days :D

Oh right, I promised to show you all who the "mysterious person" is right? The "mysterious person" is a she, who apparently is a Maths teacher who teaches Form 1 and Form 4 maths and went to UniTAR in KK and is the escort teacher for the civil defense cadets in her school. Here is a photo of her:
Tadah~! Too bad you didn't get to see who it was =P

Thank you to the person who helped me censor the photo. Can't reveal the identity of the person who censored the pic too, in case he gets attacked by a mob lol.

If you think you know who it is, you're free to guess. But no prizes though.

No comments:

Post a Comment