Friday, June 10, 2011

The end of the beginning of my story in Sabah

Overslept today because I left my phone on silent mode, and since the volume is off, the phone didn't ring when the alarm went off, so I just slept til 6.40 am. By the time I left m hotel it was already 7.10 am, and it would be impossible for me to go to Wawasan and be on time. So I went to KFC to get breakfast and break up the RM100 note from the ATM so I could take a taxi.

The KFC at that street was kinda weak. When I went there, there wasn't much food left on the heater, and they had to prepare the A.M. Risers every time a customer ordered one. I decided to take the twister combo, so I could just gulp it down quick. But either that guy was too lazy to make it or it would take some time to make it, but they asked if it was ok that I switched to their 2-piece chicken combo instead -.-

In the end the cashier added coleslaw and mash potatoes as compensation for their ineptness. That's probably the cheapest snack plate I've ever had (RM8.80 after tax).

Wasn't so exciting at the hospital today. But I did learn some new things too. We started out by going to some medical record seminar and that ate up most of our morning. It was pretty interesting, although the Sungai Buloh students fell asleep. After that it was back to the department.

I was just starting to get bored looking around when I noticed Pn Amanina calling out something like: "Siapa pandai cakap Cina? Siapa pandai cakap Cina?" and everyone looked at me, so I decided to go over and see what happened. Turns out she has some problems explaining the appointment date to the aunty, so I took over and explained it. Then the aunty asked a lot of questions unrelated to the appointment date which I tried to answer, but I couldn't, because I didn't know much (I was just told to explain about the appointment, hello~). Then Ms Racheal came to the rescue and took over. Everything looked as if it was going quite well until Pn Amanina told Ms Racheal to make it quick because the patient had to go to the pharmacist, which closes at 11.30 (it was near 11 that time). The problem was, the aunty said that they didn't need to see the pharmacist (and that kinda got Ms Racheal messed up) and continued to ask questions. Turns out that there was some referral letter or prescription (Pn Amanina picked it off the desk and showed it to Ms Racheal) and the aunty really had to go to the pharmacist. So Ms Racheal wrapped up the conversation and got the aunty going. Seriously, the aunty was stressful to handle, and it's even more stressful for me as a student, who doesn't know much about the hospital and other health professions (that was a referral letter to the cardiologist) and also someone who doesn't know about the patient and the patients carers. That's why I always read a patients file before approaching them. But this was unexpected, kinda like an emergency call.

Then it was our two and a half hour break. Spent a lot of time loitering in the discussion room talking while Tata went wandering around (we followed her a few times).

Safhrenis listening to the songs in her phone.

Norzie, and Safhrenis sleeping as the backdrop.

Stnly working on his presentation while the rest try to sleep.

Then we went to the department at 2.

Pretty quiet here.

Looking bored lol.

Decided that taking pictures of these cute lil creatures were better than taking pictures of bored looking OT students. And I was right =P

Time flew, and before we knew it, it was time to go home.

The sem 1 and sem 2 trainees posting at QEH...

Us and Pn. Lena.

Us and Pn. Rosie.

Us and a therapist (don't know his name >.<)

Us outside of the Rehab Department.

Sherlyn, Tata, me, Norzie, Safhrenis
- Team Queen Elizabeth KSKB JB 06/2011 -

So... It might have been the end of my life in Queen Elizabeth Hospital for now, but it's definitely far from the end of my life in Sabah. I targeted a banana leaf shop yesterday morning while walking to work, and I decided to try it out today. Trust me, it's unlucky for me and lucky for all blog readers that I decided to have it on my final evening at KK. If I tried it earlier, I wouldn't have had so photos to post in the previous posts. Why? It's good, it's good, IT's GOOOOOOOOD =)

Honestly, Indian food has made a very deep mark in my life. I've had Indian food since I was a kid, and had loved it since then. From the kitchen of the homes of my Indian friends to Indian restaurants and catering, I've tried them all, and I tell you, from North Malaysia to South Malaysia to Borneo, no matter North Indian or South Indian food, the quality never dips. Just makes me feel at home :D

RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK


The restaurant I targeted was Jothy's Curry, and no, I didn't try their fish head curry. I was there for banana leaf :D

The walkway in front of Jothy's.

Wow... Recognition~

Mango Lassi (RM6.00)
So, the famous maggo lassi that my sister drinks most of the time when we go to Jaya Catering and Sri Ananda Bahwan. I've never ordered it because I prefer to order warm milk, and since milk wasn't on the menu, I decided to go for it. Well, not much to say. It's nice. But it's a yoghurt drink anyway, and I don't know how to rate yoghurt drinks lol, so I'll just say it's nice.

Banana Leaf set (RM5.00 add on with any meat and fish meal)

Mutton Varuval with Banana Leaf (Rm19.00)
You know why I love McDonalds and banana leaf? Because of the free refills :D
Well, in this case, it's free top ups. With unlimited rice and vege, you can eat til your stomLinkach burst. The Mutton varuval isn't refillable though, and I doubt the papadam is as well. But still, the mutton varuval was pleasant. Wasn't too spicy and the meat was tender and cooked just right. The curry was great too. Really a great experience. I asked them to refill my banana leaf 3 times :D

I really recommend Indian food lovers to check out this place. It's got really good food, although their selection is quite limited. It opens from 10 in the morning to 10 at night and is located right next to the Pulic Bank on Lorong Api-Api and is on the same row as the McDonalds outlet opposite Centre Point shopping mall. Here is the link to the restaurant's website. That's all for today. Going to Keningau tomorrow :D

No comments:

Post a Comment