Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bye Bye Tawau, Hello Paradise...

Left Tawau early in the morning. Andi's dad sent me to Heritage Hotel where I was scheduled to take a bus to the Semporna jetty.

Me in the bus.

The inside of the bus.

Heritage Hotel, Tawau

The trip was very long. I think it's around 2 hours maybe. Took a very long time to reach Tawau airport and took a very long time to reach the jetty as well. Their private jetty was kinda cool. Check it out:

Sipadan - Kapalai Dive Resort signboard

The jetty.

Pondok Security

The verandah of the registration office.

The front door of the registration office.

The Singaporean divers at the verandah.

Semporna

The boats that will be taking us to the island resting by the jetty.

Dallas Maverick's Dirk Norwitzki was here too~!

Me on the boat

The island looked kinda disappointing at first though. Yea it was great, but I was looking for a beach. -.-

Well other than that, the resort was cool :D

The boat approaching the resort.

Sunbathing spots XD

The welcoming crew.

Strictly no fishing.

The lounge.

The dining hall.

You have to pay for everything you order from this bar.

You can see the fishes from the middle

Non-smoking area.

The "welcome drink"~! Orange cordial...

The diver's place... You can see their suits hanging at the side.

The walkways surround the snorkeling spots.

The boat that takes the divers out to the diving spots.

The decor on the walkways.

The garden lounge.

What the? I thought no beach??

Oh bummer. A fake beach. -.-zzzzzzz

The walkway leading to the fake beach.

Green bridge. Full of plants. They do regular fogging here to prevent mosquitoes from breeding.

Aren't they cute :D

Had lunch after walking around the entire island. Three course buffet meal bebeh... Man, I'm really going to get healthy eating salad appetizers every meal :D

The pre-appetizer: Curry noodles~

Appetizer: Salad

The main course! Ain't I a glutton :D

And finally something to wash it all down.

Wasn't much to do that day. Stayed in the hotel until around 4 before I went out for a walk. Cloudy the whole day though. There was some shallow parts of the sea which turned into a mini beach at that time (it was low tide). Went down to walk. Saw a stingray, plenty of corrals, and seaweed and picked up loads of starfish. Didn't bring my camera though.

After that I checked into my room. Really cozy, although it's a bit too big for myself. Really cozy.

Two beds! :D

Look at the size of the cabin 0____0

Can peek into the bathroom from the bed =P

The balcony. They said that there might be turtles swimming by at night.

A bathtub~! :D

Malaysia's unique bathroom culture: The gayong :D

After wow-ing all over the room and fiddling with everything available, I hung around a bit and then it was more exploring :D

There was a shallow part of the sea near their man-made island which became some sort of beach during low tide. Walked around and tried to look for some seashells. Didn't find any though (the only ones I found had hermit crabs in them), but I found a lot of starfish, small corrals and seaweed. There was also a stingray nearby, and a lot of tiny fishes. Well, there's nothing more unromantic than walking alone at the shallow waters at a beach on a cloudy evening with fishes, corrals and starfish all around you... Sigh~

When it was getting dark, I went back to clean up and get ready for dinner. Meals here are scheduled, since it's a buffet. The timetable is something like this:

Breakfast 7.00 am to 10.00 am
Lunch 12.30 pm to 2.00 pm
Dinner 7.00 pm to 8.00 pm

Since there was still quite some time before dinner, I decided to bathe in style XD

Bubble bath bebeh~! The tub was too small so my knees stuck out.

Dinner looked quite good. But the spaghetti wasn't as good as it looked. Tasted weird...

Haven't had real mushroom soup for a long time.

The carrot and peanut salad was nice.

Looks nice, but doesn't taste so.

Buah Salak is famous in Tawau. Haven't had on for a long time.

Was bloated after dinner. Had another bubble bath, but this time while watching Despicable Me on my laptop and teting my friend. Now that's what I call multitasking :D

No comments:

Post a Comment