Turns out that the sun rises earlier at Borneo (according to Sherlyn, it can be as early as 5.30 am).
Now I believe you understand why I jerked myself up immediately. So after that I took a bath and headed off to Queen Elizabeth hospital. It's not far off, maybe a 30 minutes walk from my place. But just for convenience I walked to Wawasan Bus Interchange and took a bus to the hospital.

On the Penampang-KK bus.
On the Penampang-KK bus.
Was suppose to meet up with Norzie & Co, but they didn't manage to catch a bus and took a taxi instead. So I had to meet them at the hospital. When I got there, a guard directed me to another part of the hospital (the opposite way) because he say a group of people in green uniforms walking that way. Turns out it was Norzie and gang, and they took a wrong turn nearly half an hour ago. Luckily there was a doctor kind enough to lead me all the way to the rehabilitation building where the OT department was.
Well, posting in Queen is, how should I put it, BORING!!!! Well, 1 thing is because we're just there for observation, and there's not much to see in observation, and there weren't many patients today. I was assigned to the orthopedic section for the next three days then to the medical section for the last two. Sadly, the girls (my juniors) were assigned to the opposite schedule as mine, so I was the only Johor Bahru student in my group. There was no one to talk to, and due to the specific layout of the department, we weren't able mix around with the other group and couldn't see what's going on in the other sections clearly. But still there were times where we could cross over.
Me in the medical department.
Me and Norzie.
Safhrenis.
Well, posting in Queen is, how should I put it, BORING!!!! Well, 1 thing is because we're just there for observation, and there's not much to see in observation, and there weren't many patients today. I was assigned to the orthopedic section for the next three days then to the medical section for the last two. Sadly, the girls (my juniors) were assigned to the opposite schedule as mine, so I was the only Johor Bahru student in my group. There was no one to talk to, and due to the specific layout of the department, we weren't able mix around with the other group and couldn't see what's going on in the other sections clearly. But still there were times where we could cross over.
It was pretty boring there because En. Zainuddin and Pn. Azi thought me well enough, and we weren't allowed to handle the patients like in Hospital Seberang Jaya. After a tormenting 9 hours, I took a bus back to my hotel.
Then night life began :D
Was pretty unsure of where I would have my dinner. Tried to look for Bella Italia (I passed it on my first day) before the sun went down but I wasn't successful. So I lingered around BB Kafe. Well, it's often you hear people say that the best fried chicken is from KFC, the hamburgers are from McDonalds, the best root beer from A&W, and the best rice is from Sugar Bun. So I decided to try out Sugar Bun.
Sugar Bun signboard.
At Sugar Bun cafe.
The 3 layer tea.
Broasted Chicken.
Then night life began :D
Was pretty unsure of where I would have my dinner. Tried to look for Bella Italia (I passed it on my first day) before the sun went down but I wasn't successful. So I lingered around BB Kafe. Well, it's often you hear people say that the best fried chicken is from KFC, the hamburgers are from McDonalds, the best root beer from A&W, and the best rice is from Sugar Bun. So I decided to try out Sugar Bun.
I decided to order a personal feast (RM12.80) and try their Broasted Chicken (5.95 for two pieces). The whole billed sumed up to more than RM20 (after tax).
Personal Feast: Eco fish+rice+tauge (bean sprouts) and a cup of 3 layer tea.Finished my meal and come up with a conclusion: Sugar Bun is overrated. Not that it's bad, the food was decent enough, but there was nothing special from it. Could get the equivalent of it in a lot of Chinese coffee shops. Then it was time for dessert. Had ice cream from Suger Bun Bangkok.
Sugar Bun Bangkok.
The banana split I ordered. RM6.50 (before 16% tax)
The section of BB cafe with the bar.
Sat in front of stage.
The stage (if you shoot without flash it looks like it's taken in the day)
The distal part of BB cafe, which links to Rainforest cafe and Sugar Bun cafe.
Me with a kaamatan poster at the backdrop.
Me in front of the stage, with flash.
The cocktail without the tall glass.

I didn't have it in the cafe. I had it at BB cafe, which was right outside of Sugar Bun Bangkok. Here are some shots of BB cafe, the bar I went to the previous night.
So, after all that food, I decided to wash them all down in style. So I decided to order a recommendation from Arshad: Flaming Lamborghini.
So, this is how it works: A tall bottle is put on top of the cocktail, balanced by 2 knifes, and they light up the other glass (notice the glass with the transparent fluid, which is alcohol, in the first photo), then the contents are poured on the tall bottle, and into the cocktail. Really cool effects. It'll looks something like this:
Cheers~! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment