Woke up very early this morning to pack. After that Nishpal accompanied me to the front and waited with me until I went up the van. My 2 short days in Sandakan wasn't much, but the hospitality he offered me was very good, and I was glad to see him after such a long time. Too bad my schedule was quite packed.
With the help of 2 old ladies, I managed to get to Sandakan Terminal safely (without getting lost lol). I was lucky enough to get a seat in the bus. But sadly, the guy beside me had a really bad stench which gave me 6 hours of unpleasantness (yes, my nose couldn't get used to it). Well, just my luck I guess...
Sandakan Terminal.
Found out Convent St. Cecilia was just next to the terminal and opposite of Duchess of Kent Hospital. That's the school of Sarah and Sherlyn (Sherlyn Ho, whom I got to know in Penang, not my junior Sherlyn Francis) I thought of stopping at Tamparuli to visit Annitrah and go to Keningau with her, but she told me she met with an accident last night and hurt her legs so she can't walk now. Looks like I gotta go alone and meet up with Andi there.
So I went to Suria Sabah to meet up with Norzie and the gang. Sherlyn (Francis) had returned to Semporna already, so there were 3 of them left, and Shahrul joined them today. After that we went to Centre Point to hang around and eat. Tried their chicken rice at the food court on the lowest floor. Was just average, but at RM2.80, it could be the cheapest food in KK you can find. After that we hung around a bit before deciding leave and I went straight to my lodging for the next two nights: A dorm ran by a church at Penampang.
After leaving my stuff and talking to two of my room mates, I decided to go out for a walk.
The view down the road from the house.
Beverage of the night: Beer? 0___0
Food of the night: Onion & Ginger Pork with Rice.
So I went to Suria Sabah to meet up with Norzie and the gang. Sherlyn (Francis) had returned to Semporna already, so there were 3 of them left, and Shahrul joined them today. After that we went to Centre Point to hang around and eat. Tried their chicken rice at the food court on the lowest floor. Was just average, but at RM2.80, it could be the cheapest food in KK you can find. After that we hung around a bit before deciding leave and I went straight to my lodging for the next two nights: A dorm ran by a church at Penampang.
After leaving my stuff and talking to two of my room mates, I decided to go out for a walk.
Then I found a row of shops in front. Looked kinda good so I checked it out. There was Chinese food, and I tried it out as well.
The food was good. The meat was well marinated, well cut and well cooked to keep it's tender texture and made it easy to bite and chew. The sauce passed the mark as well. This dish was done exactly like how it should have been done, plus, there was quite a lot of meat. I should say that I'm really satisfied with what I had.
Total price? RM9.00 (drinks+food).
Cheap? Yes, it would be cheap if I was drinking beer. Sadly, I was drinking something cheaper than beer:
Gotcha. It's just Shandy lol.
Total price? RM9.00 (drinks+food).
Cheap? Yes, it would be cheap if I was drinking beer. Sadly, I was drinking something cheaper than beer:
So that means the food was around RM6.50 to RM7.00.
After that I made a stop at seven-eleven to grab a slurpie.
New flavour: Apricot+Peach.
After that I made a stop at seven-eleven to grab a slurpie.
After I went back, Winne phoned me and asked me about my plans to go to Keningau. So I told her about Annitrah and Andi and I will be going on Wednesday. Turns out there is a wedding on the 18th, and she says I can go with them and watch (and drink). I'm more interested in watching their wedding actually lol.
Then we had dinner. Wait a minute, didn't I just eat? Well the guys prepared dinner for me as well, and I was invited. We had a great time, eating and chatting and talking about all sorts of things, telling them about Penang, listening to their stories and trying to decipher what they were saying in Dusun. So far I couldn't catch much, although I can kinda more or less guess their entire story by linking a word here and there.
The hospitality here is great. They gave me a really warm welcome, and Gilbert chatted with me on a lot of things for a very long time, until I received a phone call. Well, I'm really tired from this morning's trip and all the walking. Gonna sign off now lol. Tune in to tomorrow's update. Gonna mamanau with Norzie and gang... After she settles her immigration thingy that is.
Then we had dinner. Wait a minute, didn't I just eat? Well the guys prepared dinner for me as well, and I was invited. We had a great time, eating and chatting and talking about all sorts of things, telling them about Penang, listening to their stories and trying to decipher what they were saying in Dusun. So far I couldn't catch much, although I can kinda more or less guess their entire story by linking a word here and there.
The hospitality here is great. They gave me a really warm welcome, and Gilbert chatted with me on a lot of things for a very long time, until I received a phone call. Well, I'm really tired from this morning's trip and all the walking. Gonna sign off now lol. Tune in to tomorrow's update. Gonna mamanau with Norzie and gang... After she settles her immigration thingy that is.
No comments:
Post a Comment